Friday, May 4, 2012

Teeth

Gap-toothed Grin! 2011-2012 School Photo
Joey says to me the other night, "I lost a really little tooth in the front of my mouth."
I chuckled, this is the second or third time that I have heard her say this statement or something similar. I think it is so cute. I reminded her that it is just the way that her teeth are coming in that she has the little gap between her two front teeth. Of course I'm sure that her thumb sucking is not helping things one bit.
She went on to explain to me that turtles have a little egg tooth that they use to get out of their eggs and then they lose it on the way to the ocean. She fully believes this is what has happened to her.
I also went on to explain that while she hasn't lost a tooth yet, she will probably lose her first one in the next 1-2 years. But that it would be okay, because the lose of a baby tooth is followed by an adult tooth coming in its place. "Oh", she said, "I have baby teeth in my mouth, well these must be the Mommy & the Daddy" as she points to her two front teeth.
I love the thought process!

No comments: