Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mama, Dada and other new words!

On Wednesday February 25th Josephine said Mama. In fact it was the only thing she said the whole day! She is absorbing and learning so much, it is amazing to watch. We also learned that she had picked up some sign language in daycare. While in San Diego we thought that she was learning how to wave "hi", but she kept making the hand movement over and over. We started thinking that she might be trying to telling us something and she was. Josephine now signs for "milk" when she wants the bottle. She also signs for milk when she doesn't want the bottle but we are using positive reinforcement to teach her. While we were away last weekend in Disney, she added Dada to her vocabulary too. These words are in addition to "hi" which I am convinced she has been saying since 4 months. And this morning, I'm pretty sure that she said "up" when I laid her down on the bed and she wanted to stand up. She is a fast learner.

No comments: