Thursday, June 4, 2009

So many changes, so little time

I'm sorry for letting almost a month pass between posts. Getting into summer and it is always a busy time of year, not to mention working from home with a 10 month old will keep you pretty busy as well. So much has happened in the weeks between posts, as always I'll do my best to catch you up on all that is new.

Josephine had tubes put in her ears on Thursday, May 21st. The procedure was done at Children's Hospital Outpatient center and it was so quick. We got to the center at 7am and we were on our way back home by 820! She took it like a champ and we started to hear the results right away...as she started talking a whole lot more.

Josephine has also gotten a ton of family love in the past weeks as well. She spent a nice weekend out at Gigi's house visiting with Grammie. And Memorial Day weekend Nana and Grandpa McRae came down to visit. These are not only nice for Josephine, but the give Steve and I some great time to ourselves to do things we used to do like go out to dinner later than 5pm and even see some movies!

We have also been working on sleep training finally. I am happy to say that after about 4-5 days she adapted pretty well. She is now taking 2 naps a day routinely and sleeping through the night. She has given up the night bottle as well.

Here are some of the milestones that we have experienced recently:


  • First Steps: Yes! She has taken her first few steps and everyday she gets a little more daring and willing to take a few more.
  • Stairs: She has become a pro at climbing the stairs. While we are impressed with her skills this one is a bit a a pain to deal with.
  • Clapping: I have yet to catch it on film, but I try everyday...it is so very cute!
  • Food: Her new favorite is grilled cheese sandwiches. She loves them so much she eats a whole sandwich! She has also been working on her sippy cup skills.
  • Her 7th tooth also came through...4 on top, 3 on the bottom.

No comments: