Thursday, June 11, 2009

The weekly update

It has been a pretty low key week. We had a lazy weekend last weekend, but did manage to get out to a bbq and to the pool for a few hours. The weather has been hot and humid here and it has been raining almost everyday. So it was nice to get out some over the weekend. A coworker had a bbq at his house Saturday night and we had a ton of fun and stayed a bit later than we should have pushing bedtime until 9pm! Sunday we went to church. Yes you read that correctly. It is something that I have been interested in for awhile and this Sunday we finally found one that I think we will enjoy going to. It is important to me that Joey grow up with some type of "faith".
Monday was a busy day for me, so Gigi came down to entertain Josephine while I got some much needed work done.
We continue to work on sleep. While she is sleeping through the night now, she is still having a hard time going down for the night and naps too. For the past two nights we have done family dinner together at 630 followed by tub at 7 and bed at 730. So far the earlier bedtime has worked out well. I think that we might have been letting her get over tired and that is why she was having a hard time.
This weekend Grammie and Gigi will take Joey for the weekend so that we can celebrate and early father's day. Grammie will come pick her up on Saturday and bring her back on Tuesday. It will be a long time for her to be away and I am kinda sad thinking about it. I always worry that she will get off schedule while she is out there and that means holy terror for me when she gets home (especially since Gigi lets her sleep in her bed with her). Stay tuned for the recap next week!
Videos have been updated on the left hand side. I will be adding some more in a few days so be sure to check back. I caught more of her walking today. Everyday she gets a bit braver and takes on more space. It is amazing to see her grow and change.

1 comment:

catherine Cabezas said...

Kristen,
Your killing me with not putting videos and pictures up :D we all miss you and love you guys and talk to u later

love,Catherine