Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Josephine!

Right about this time last year I was making my way to the mother/baby suite where I would spend my first night cuddling with my baby girl. I was so excited to meet her and get to see her and hold her...the words "it's a girl" were so worth waiting 38 weeks to hear! I can remember that first night like it was yesterday. She cried almost all night and Steve and I were definitely freaking out about what we had gotten ourselves into. If I sit and reminisce I can remember a lot of firsts that took place this year just like they were yesterday.
We started the day spending a few early morning hours snuggled in bed with her and then we settled into our normal Wednesday routine of daycare and office work. She came home today with a big happy birthday banner with hand prints from all the kids at daycare so I know she had a good celebration there with her friends today. Tonight we gave her some cake and then spent an extra hour and fifteen minutes trying to get her bed!
I am a bit sad today as I am feeling like she has moved out of the "baby" phase and I am not so sure that I was ready for that to happen. I'm sure every phase comes faster than we'd like it to, so I will continue to snap photos, take videos and journal here to try and capture some of the memorable and every day moments that I get to share with her.
I know that today will not be memorable to her, but it was such a bittersweet joyous day for me. As I told her as I was rocking her to sleep tonight...today is the day she changed my life and I am so glad she chose me to be her mom!

2 comments:

eBeth said...

Happy Birthday Josephine!
:)

Catherine Cabezas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its ok kristen don't forget if she doesn't grow up then you will never take her to the American Girl store in New York :0)

love you guys and miss u

happy birthday! love catherine