I can't believe it has been so long since I last published a post...many a family member has reminded me along the way, but time got the best of me. I am also having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Josephine will be 1 next week! So much has changed in this last year, but I will save those memories for her birthday post!
Here is what has been going on since my last post.
She has 10 teeth now, 4 top and 4 bottom front teeth and 2 back molars that just cut the gums. They all came in so fast that I have been expecting to see more everyday.
Climbing...she was already a master at the stairs (and took her first tumble down them tonight as well) but now she is climbing onto everything she can; small stools, toys, snail rocker, but not quite up to the sofa yet.
Words...this and that, me (although I'm not sure she says it as a word, but more a sound).
She has gotten good at trying to articulate what she wants by pointing to objects, many times accompanied by the word "this" or "that".
Sleeping continues to be the biggest problem we face. Sometimes she goes down easily and sometimes not; sometimes she takes good long naps and sometimes she just doesn't want to go down; some nights she wakes up in the middle of the night and then there are a few nights that we all get a full nights sleep! She continues to wake up early between 445 and 530am. We try to keep her in bed (hers or ours) until 530 or 6am, but I have started to give up hope of ever sleeping in again!
We are finishing up a 6 week swimming lesson this Sunday. She has not learned much as the class is focused on getting babies adjusted to the water and we have had her in the pool since she was 3 months old. But it has been a fun family activity and we hope to build on the skills over time.
I was traveling for work last week in New Orleans and Nana McRae came down with cousin Catherine for the week to help out Steve. Joey fell instantly in love with her cousin and they played together to the exhaustion of both everyday. Work was very busy getting ready for my trip so Gigi and Grammie came down on Monday and Tuesday to help out the week prior. Needless to say she is one spoiled and loved little girl.
I'll make no promises for upcoming posts. August is turning out to be a very busy month with every weekend booked and some weekday activities on the calendar as well - not to mention I still work a full-time job. Sorry to disappoint all the fans, but better to be honest!
No comments:
Post a Comment