These words echo through the house now-a-days. Multiple times a day, about all different types of activities...Joey takes great pride in doing things all by herself. She is growing up so fast and when I start to realize it, it can suck the wind right out of me.
This morning I took her to school and she told me that she didn't want me to walk her to her classroom. I hung up her coat, took care of her lunch and she told me goodbye, that she was going to her room. I told her I would wait in the hall to make sure that she got there okay (the whole 20 feet away that it is) . She told me to go and walked into the room. I was sad...so I stood there for a moment trying to make myself happy that she is well-adjusted, that she loves school, that she is independent and that she is confident, but truly despite all of that I was sad. Then she came back to the door, peeked around and said "see you later". Then I was happy, happy for all those reasons and because she is caring too!
Moments like this that I feel like we might be doing a god job raising this human.
1 comment:
Its a happy sad moment. I loath the day when she does not want to be kissed by her daddy in public.
Post a Comment