This is dedicated to the lights of my life, my amazing daughter Josephine and her fantastic little brother Anderson. I wanted a place to track all the special moments in their lives and to be able to share them all with family and friends that don't have the joy of spending every day with the two of them.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Just another day
Back in the office again today but Joey is at school (aka daycare). I had to go have bloodwork done this morning for my diabetes and while I was there I got the call from Steve that daycare was down to one bag of boob milk. I was glad that I was still close to home and that Steve had done the drop off this morning...I would have been kinda upset had I driven all the way there and had to turn around go home and then come back. But it all worked out perfectly, cause I got to see Josephine again before going to work. She looked a little sad sitting in the swing, but smiled really big when I came over and started talking to her. There were a ton of kids there today and all the older kids were sitting in the toddler area (literally 5 feet from the nursery) singing nursery rhymes. From what I could see there were only 3 infants there, one in the exersaucer, one being held and Joey in the swing. She was sucking her thumb and looking sad, but focused on the singing. I knew that she wanted to be part of the group. She is a very social little girl and enjoys singing and nursery rhymes. My heart melted and if could have stayed there all day, I would have. I know that I don't spend every minute giving her attention when she is with me on the days that I work from home, but to see her not getting much attention at daycare made my heart hurt. I know that I only saw 5 minutes of her day and I am sure that she gets a ton of attention while she is there. She also needs to learn that she can't have every one's undivided attention 24/7. While I know these things to be true, it doesn't make it any easier to take when she has that sad look on her face. The good news...I get to pick her up from "school" today. I can't wait to see that smiling face again, it is the highlight of my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment