Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Friday again!

Today is Josephine's second day in daycare and things were more smooth this morning. I had my stuff together so there was no rushing around. We were able to take our time and eat breakfast, it was nice and relaxed. Daycare was quiet when I got there so I got to talk to one of the helpers a bit and that was nice as well. No tears this morning.
While there on Wednesday she took several naps and ate pretty well from the bottle. She came home happy and nursed well and slept well at home that night, so I figure it must be okay. I did spend extra special time with her Wednesday night and while I was working from home yesterday.
Big developmental news...Joey actually grabbed one of her hanging toys on her play mat yesterday. She did it several times, so I know it wasn't just a fluke. Everyone cheer with me, "Yeah!". Also Joey is full on in thumb-sucking mode. Sometimes she even stops nursing to suck her thumb. She also opts for sucking during the middle of the night when she is hungry instead of crying and waking me up. From the time she was in the womb, I coached her to NOT suck her thumb...I'm sure this is just my first lesson in "kids don't always do what you tell them".

No comments: